We define clear objectives, innovative strategies and comprehensive execution plans thoughtfully tailored to brand DNA and budgets.
Terri Cohen Fashion & Luxury Advisors works collaboratively with both established and emerging fashion and luxury brands, as well as private equity firms, to expand wholesale, retail and franchisee businesses across women’s and men’s ready-to wear, accessories, shoes and jewelry categories.
Our global consulting and advisory expertise includes:
- Define and implement wholesale strategy, specifically targeted to brand
- Identify optimal strategy for domestic and international distribution channels and tailored sales plan by account to better track and analyze business
- Implement follow-up procedures for sell-throughs to analyze bestsellers and leverage critical data to grow business
- Work with U.S. brands wishing to expand internationally and domestic brands seeking access to U.S. and international markets
- Provide commercial and business development action plans
- Develop shop-in-shop opportunities within department stores and major specialty boutiques
- Seek franchisee boutique opportunities with prestigious groups in key markets
- Oversee all aspects of store openings to enhance brand prestige and visibility
- Implement ‘best practices’ and monthly and annual reporting systems
- Ensure cohesive, high performing teams across all territories via leadership training and development to optimize sales, brand knowledge and customer service
- Provide feedback and support to identify unique elements which differentiate and optimally position brands
- Provide input to Collection plans by classification, fabric selection and color assortment
- Ensure appropriate classifications are planned by fabric to optimize overall merchandise assortment and Collection balance, with proper emphasis on core business drivers
- Balance Collection with well-defined pricing matrix per classification
- Evaluate competitive pricing structures to ensure product is viable and pricing is appropriate within matrix of adjacent brands, while protecting defined margins
- Identify growth areas across all product categories via merchandising
- Identify new business opportunities and growth strategies including product extensions and licensing partnerships (e.g., textiles, accessories, perfume)
- Assist in negotiations for new business opportunities
- Guide and strengthen e-commerce, digital marketing and social media efforts
- Analyze and identify organizational structure and team building needs for future growth
- Establish process and management tools
- Define communication strategies, marketing plans and events
- Leverage extensive network of experts in luxury and fashion sectors including senior industry leaders, agents, manufacturers and media contacts
- Create bespoke Emotional Retail Experiences to build brands and customer loyalty
Terri Cohen is a senior luxury and fashion executive and strategic advisor with over 30 years of extensive global experience building world-renowned brands in the women’s and men’s ready-to-wear, accessories, footwear and jewelry segments.
An American expat living abroad for over 15 years, she is the Founder & President of Terri Cohen Fashion & Luxury Advisors, a Paris-based strategic advisory company serving both U.S. and French firms, where she consults with brands on international development across multiple diverse channels, including wholesale, retail, franchising and licensing.
Terri is an accomplished operating executive with deep sales, business development and general management expertise, positioning and introducing premier European brands to international markets, as well as expanding American brands to Europe, Middle East and Asia markets.
She is recognized as a culturally savvy industry insider, able to consistently leverage her significant network of contacts to identify and assess market opportunities, collaborate with department stores and other partners, negotiate complex contracts and close profitable commercial deals which consistently drive revenue for her clients.
Terri works closely with senior management to craft and execute expansion strategies, develop integrated marketing and sales management capabilities, recommend e-commerce and digital/social media solutions, and oversee product merchandising, line extensions and licensing initiatives.
Prior to starting her own consultancy, Terri was based in New York and headed up the North American operations of several French brands, including Lanvin, Karl Lagerfeld and Alber Elbaz for Guy Laroche. She originally moved to Paris in 1999 to lead the international expansion of Nina Ricci, followed by Balmain and Yves Saint Laurent, and served on the Executive Committees for these firms.
Terri graduated from New York University and also attended La Sorbonne, earning a BA in French literature. She currently resides in Paris with her husband and travels to New York on a regular basis for both business and pleasure. Terri is a prolific reader of history and fiction and enjoys photography and interior design.
We advise and assist executive Leadership in the fashion and luxury sectors. The quality of the work and the satisfaction of the Senior Management who called upon us are the best proof of this.
During my tenure as Chief Designer at Guy Laroche I had the pleasure of working with Terri Cohen, who was then Executive Vice-President. Her leadership, vision and determination largely contributed to the international sales success of the brand. For a creative designer, it is great to be supported by such a capable, experienced and passionate professional. Terri is a joy to work with. She has a true understanding of luxury and is very well connected in the global fashion world. Throughout my career I have always kept in touch with Terri. Whenever I needed guidance or advice she has been there for me.
Terri’s help and advice during the recent launch of our Rochas Menswear were precious and invaluable, on the creative end as well as price positioning, and effectively targeted international upscale multi-brand boutiques and department stores. This made for a very successful first collection under optimal conditions and confirmed our chosen direction was indeed the right one. I thank her ever so much!
I had the opportunity to work with Terri Cohen during engagements for two different fashion houses, specifically focused on market analysis and market development strategy. As an American living in Paris for many years, Terri is an expert at combining the best of French and American business cultures. She understands the luxury market perfectly, as well as knowing the key global players in the fashion industry today. I have observed her undeniable negotiating skills – smooth but with a formidable efficiency and gravitas. She has many commercial achievements, as do her teams, and these serve as perhaps the best testimonials of her deep knowledge and expertise.
I served as Financial Director for Guy Laroche, a luxury fashion company while Terri Cohen was the Executive Vice-President responsible for our North American subsidiary. Thanks to her knowledge of the luxury market, exceptional business sense and expertise, Terri always exceeded her objectives and achieved strong increases in both sales and profitability. Terri is a strong leader with boundless energy, smarts and perseverance.